The Dorset Civil Contingencies Unit
The Dorset Civil Contingencies Unit (CCU) is an innovative local public sector partnership. The CCU is funded by Police, Fire, Local Authority and Health partners of the Dorset Local Resilience Forum.
In return, the CCU supports frontline public services in meeting their obligations to prepare for, respond to and recover from emergencies, set by the Civil Contingencies Act 2004.
The partnership approach promotes greater economy and efficiency, achieving positive outcomes through sharing existing resources, capabilities and knowledge.
The CCU sits at the heart of the Dorset LRF partnership and has four main roles:
- To write and maintain the key "Dorset Prepared" multi agency plans.
- To provide multi-agency training and exercises for all members of the Dorset Local Resilience Forum.
- To provide a 24-hour, 365-days a year operational call-out capability to support Category 1 responders in their statutory duties in the event of an emergency.
- To provide the secretariat and administrative support functions for the Dorset Local Resilience Forum and its supporting meetings.
The CCU is accountable to the Dorset LRF through the LRF Executive Meeting, which has Executive-level representation from Category 1 responders.
The eight (7.3 Full-Time Equivalent) members of the CCU are as follows:
- Head of Civil Contingencies
- Principal Civil Contingencies Officer
- Four Civil Contingencies Officers (one part time)
- Training & Exercise Coordinator
- Business Support Officer
To contact the Dorset Civil Contingencies Unit, click here.